Latest News, Products, Ingredients and Recipes
Recipe - Mississippi Mud Bars March 02 2014, 0 Comments
These chocolate bars are not only absolutely delicious but oh so easy to prepare - and I am all about easy to prepare treats. Everyday ingredients are used to make this indulgent chocolate treat. Great for yourself or a housewarming gift, potluck - you name it.
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
1 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
1 16oz package confectioners sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup hot milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
15" x 10" jelly roll pan
Grease and flour pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients (butter through salt).
2. Stir in flour and 1 cup chopped pecans
3. Pour and spread batter into the 15" x 10" greased and floured pan
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and spread marshmallows and the remaining 1/2 cup pecans evenly across the top
6. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
7. Beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth.
8. Drizzle and spread the frosting across the top of the warm bars. The frosting will firm up and solidify as it cools.
9. Cool completely and cut.