Latest News, Products, Ingredients and Recipes
Almond Butter Cookie Recipe May 21 2014, 0 Comments
I am a firm believer that excellent baked goods do not need to be complicated or created from exotic or hard to find ingredients and this recipe is a prime example. These almond butter cookies use basic ingredients and are excellent. They are delicious and elegant enough to be a gift.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces almond extract (yes, 2 ounces, this is not a misprint)
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
Large granular sprinkling sugar (can be found in the baking aisle of your local hobby and craft store or grocery store)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mixture will be crumbly.
4. Add almond extract and heavy cream.
5. Mix until dough forms.
6. Split dough into 3 equal portions and form into logs about 7" x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
7. Refrigerate logs for at least 15 minutes.
8. Place each log on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Beat egg add brush onto tops and sides of each log. Sprinkle with decorator sugar.
8. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Logs will spread.
9. Cool logs for about 20 minutes. You can remove them from the cookie sheets at this point. If you have trouble due to sticking from the eggs, take a long sharp knife and slide it underneath each log to loosen from the cookie sheet and transfer to a cutting board.
10. Reduce temperature to 300 degrees F.
11. Slice each log into strips about 3/4" wide. Cooling them makes this part easier
12. Place each strip back on the cookie sheet side up
Recipe - Homemade Vanilla Nut Granola with Cherries and Chocolate Chips April 02 2014, 0 Comments
This recipe for homemade granola can easily be customized to your liking but substituting ingredients. The dried cherries and chocolate chips can be replaced with other ingredients or left out all together. If you find this too sweet, omit the brown sugar. I have chosen macadamia and almonds for my nuts but feel free to choose your favorite nuts too. Agave can be substituted with honey or even half honey, half agave - whatever you choose.
This granola is great in yogurt, frozen yogurt or ice cream or just to snack on.
Vanilla Cinnamon Fruit and Nut Granola
2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
½ cup steal cut oats
½ cup slivered almonds
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
¼ cup chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
½ cup agave (light)
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped dried cherries
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Mix first 9 dry ingredients into a large bowl
2. Mix together liquid ingredients in a smaller bowl
3. Pour liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well to break up all clumps and fully coat all dry ingredients.
4. Spread granola into a 15” x 10” jelly roll pan
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 – 40 minutes turning the granola 1 or 2 times to evenly brown and toast granola
6. Remove from oven and mix in dried fruit and mini chocolate chips
7. Cool completely and place into a sealed storage container
Recipe - Mississippi Mud Bars March 02 2014, 0 Comments
These chocolate bars are not only absolutely delicious but oh so easy to prepare - and I am all about easy to prepare treats. Everyday ingredients are used to make this indulgent chocolate treat. Great for yourself or a housewarming gift, potluck - you name it.
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
1 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
1 16oz package confectioners sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup hot milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
15" x 10" jelly roll pan
Grease and flour pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients (butter through salt).
2. Stir in flour and 1 cup chopped pecans
3. Pour and spread batter into the 15" x 10" greased and floured pan
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and spread marshmallows and the remaining 1/2 cup pecans evenly across the top
6. Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
7. Beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth.
8. Drizzle and spread the frosting across the top of the warm bars. The frosting will firm up and solidify as it cools.
9. Cool completely and cut.